We are CURRENTLY seeking a phenomenal Maintenance Planner to join our growing team!
What does a typical day look like? I'm glad you asked!
The Maintenance Planner will improve the work force productivity and work quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning. The Maintenance Planner will be responsible for providing structured job plans to ensure efficient and effective deployment of necessary maintenance and contract resources and interact on a regular basis with machine operators, maintenance staff, production supervisors and other facility personnel.
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- New Braunfels, Texas
- Reporting To
- Maintenance Manager
- Responsible for all aspects of Job Plan Development for both planned and scoped work.
- Research the task to be performed and record details in a structured chronological Job Plan. Attach all pertinent job safety requirements, required permits, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and environmental policy rules and regulations.
- Initiate the procurement of parts, special tools, and rental equipment required in the job plans. Contents of the job plan should include all tools and parts necessary, required crafts, special skills and number of maintenance personnel, drawings and pictures. Estimate the hours and cost required for tasks to be performed.
- Modify spare part stock levels as required. Resolve part issues with MRO Purchasing.
- Maintain master job plan catalog.
- Develop and maintain an annual Preventive Maintenance (PM) calendar. Participate in weekly scheduling activities.
- Receive all work requests, enter into CMMS with planning information. Generate PM and PdM work orders.
- Close work orders and complete follow up.
- Support Maintenance Manager as required to deal with unplanned failures with respect to parts identification and specification for repair.
- Participate in root cause analysis and development of new or modified maintenance routines. Deploy maintenance procedures developed.
- Liaise with PdM personnel for prioritizing work identified using PdM technologies, and update status of corrective actions for components identified in vendor supplied PdM software environment. (some identification of work required must be done by the maintenance planner i.e. oil analysis identifies particulate/dirt; planner needs to determine appropriate action such as change oil, change filter, clean oil, find/repair source of dirt. (Always different and will depend on the machine)
- Track equipment repair history, costs and repetitive repairs using CMMS and other data sources to develop/implement proactive repair planning.
- Maintain master equipment files, both hard copy and electronic.
- Responsible for accurately maintaining the asset database and implementing the Equipment Maintenance Strategy.
- Responsible for all maintenance department job plans for safe operation and maintenance tasks associated with repair/replacement/improvement activities.
- Attend various safety and department meetings.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary atmosphere with a high regard for environmental impact of the operation.
- Assist other plant personnel as needed, and will perform any other duty as requested by supervisor.
- Work closely with Maintenance Manager and Lead Hands to ensure accurate planning information and efficient completion of scheduled work.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
What You Offer Us:
- A minimum grade 12 education combined with a minimum 5 years related maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment. A technical diploma or degree is an asset.
- Proficient computer skills (versed in Microsoft Office, CMMS Systems, and SAP).
- Ability to develop monthly presentations.
- Understanding of environmental regulations.
- Understanding of occupational health/safety regulations.
What We Offer You:
- A FUN, collaborative culture!
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
If you think you are our new Maintenance Planner - Please Apply Now! We are looking for you!
About CGT U.S. Limited
CGT - Canadian General Tower - is the newest premier employer in New Braunfels with a rich history as the world leading producer of coated fabrics and films for automotive and industrial applications! For over a century, we have invested in talented people who are dedicated to implementing the highest levels of technology and innovation. Today, our employees focus on our commitment to consistently deliver performance and first class quality automotive, pool, pond, containment, roofing, and decking products. Our newest location, in New Braunfels, TX will focus on the automotive industry. This is a very unique and exciting opportunity to start on the ground floor with an amazing new multi-million dollar facility, all new equipment, and an ideal location!
Not quite right? Register your interest to be notified of any roles that come along that meet your criteria.