This is a KEY position in the facility! CGT is an incredible employer, and we are seeking someone with a great personality that genuinely cares about our employees.
The HR Generalist supports the organization by serving as a resource to all employees with regards to benefits, compensation, employee policies, and other areas of expertise. In addition, the HR Generalist contributes by monitoring employee morale, processing accurate payroll, implementing human resources programs, and assisting in the recruitment and onboarding of exceptional employees.
- Human Resources
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- New Braunfels, Texas
- Reporting To
- Human Resources Director
This role's hiring manager:
- Implements human resources programs by providing human resources services, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, employee relations and retention, DOL & EEO compliance, and labor relations; completing personnel transactions.
- Processes an accurate payroll on assigned schedule.
- Maintains HRIS electronic data integrity.
- Administers day to day benefits including enrollment, basic questions, COBRA enrollment, and monthly reconciliation.
- Supports human resources solutions by collecting and analyzing information; recommending courses of action.
- Manages Summer Intern program.
- Serves as a leading member of FISH! Committee and as an ambassador of CGT in the community.
- Maintains files - electronic and paper - necessary for regulatory compliance of the Human Resources function.
- Make business decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable, and defensible in accordance with organization policies and procedures.
- Assist the team in planning, evaluating, and improving the efficiency of business processes and procedures to enhance speed, quality, efficiency, and output.
- Assists HR Generalist – Recruiter with full cycle recruitment of hourly and salaried positions - to include sourcing, interview coordination, prescreening of candidates, background completion, reference verification, and onboarding.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
What You Offer Us:
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Certification in HR and/or Payroll is preferred.
- 3-5 years work experience in a Generalist Role, preferably in a highly regulated industry.
- Bilingual, English and Spanish preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Usually work in an open office, plant, and/or lab environment, but the mission of the organization may sometimes take them to non-standard workplaces.
- Standard work week, but additionally will often work evening, weekends, and overtime hours to accommodate activities.
What We Offer You:
- A FUN, collaborative culture!
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
If you think you are our new Human Resources Generalist - Please Apply Now! We are looking for you!
About CGT U.S. Limited
CGT - Canadian General Tower - is the newest premier employer in New Braunfels with a rich history as the world leading producer of coated fabrics and films for automotive and industrial applications! For over a century, we have invested in talented people who are dedicated to implementing the highest levels of technology and innovation. Today, our employees focus on our commitment to consistently deliver performance and first class quality automotive, pool, pond, containment, roofing, and decking products. Our newest location, in New Braunfels, TX will focus on the automotive industry. This is a very unique and exciting opportunity to start on the ground floor with an amazing new multi-million dollar facility, all new equipment, and an ideal location!
Not quite right? Register your interest to be notified of any roles that come along that meet your criteria.